Write an essay on whether or not the justice system is simply a bureaucratic assembly line that does not promote justice as much as it simply ensures its own survival, with an emphasis on production. What should be the professional goals of the various actors in the system (judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys)?
You are expected to write professionally with correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, developing your topic and providing solid examples from our readings, your own research, or your own experiences to back up your statements.
Your work should be double-spaced, 12-point sans serif font, with 1-inch margins all around. When citing resources, you must adhere strictly to APA style (all papers must include a title page and reference page, although you will not be required to provide an abstract). The paper must have a minimum of 2 full double-spaced pages of meaningful discussion (title page and reference page do not count as part of those pages). The paper must include a minimum of 3 references (outside of the course text), with at least one references from peer-reviewed academic journals (peer-reviewed references should be highlighted in bold type in the reference list). You must not to write in first person. All papers must be in a .doc, .pdf, or .rtf format.
Question: Scenario: An area of your city is experiencing car burglaries that are detected by residents when they prepare to leave for work in the morning. They involve the theft of change, iPods, and other items left in the cars. Some involve broken driver or passenger window glass and some had no damage, as the doors were left unlocked. These burglaries happen in a one-square-mile radius which contains several apartment complexes and single-residence neighborhoods. The auto burglaries occur at both.
Instructions: Please explain the situation using routine activities theory (RAT). Once you explain the factors associated with RAT, outline a plan consistent with the RAT principles that will likely reduce this crime issue. Explain why it should reduce auto burglaries. You may provide support from your class materials and text but must include at least on outside empirical peer-reviewed source. Be sure to use in-text citations and references. Replies are expected to be at least three full paragraphs of substance.
Apply two (2) of the theories to either organized crime, white collar crime, or cybercrime. Which of these theories is better at explaining the chosen crime? Be sure to use 3 sources to defend your answer.
– they can be biological, psychological, or sociological. However, should not pick two theories that fall under the same umbrella (ie, do not pick two psychological theories).
Papers must outline the :
-tenets of the theories as well as apply them to the particular crime.
-Students may also choose to explain a particular case of white collar crime (ie, Bernie Madoff’s ponzi scheme).
– Papers should take a clear position and defend
Answer all 3 questions 100 words for each question
1. “Whole Lotta Love” by Led Zeppelin is based on a riff. What is the song form and how does this dissection help analyze how the song is performed? What role does the vocal play in contrast to the instrumentation?
2. The Allman Brothers Band is regarded as the architect of “Southern Rock”. “Whipping Post” represents a classic example of their style. What influences are present in this recording? How are they reinterpreted to create an original sound? What is unique in their use of guitar work?
3. Santana’s music is original in its use of instrumentation and rhythm. The song, “Evil Ways” showcases these aspects. Identify them and elaborate on their importance to the sound of the band. How does the guitar sound fit into this style?
Global issues in health care have recently become a major challenge facing the health sector. Global issuesincludeincreased mortality and morbidity due to the rising disease burden of infectious diseases, such as HIV/AIDSand poverty, among others. Assessment of disease burden by the use of the various summary measures used in health data management is important in monitoring the trend of the health status of the people.
The essential elements used in the assessment of the diseaseburden are the disease outcome and the risk factors. Obtaining data on the risk factors in a low-income country is most challenging because of the difficulty in the assessment and evaluation of the risk factors. The summary measures used to measure the burden of disease include HeaLY (Healthy Life Years), DALYs (Disability Adjusted Life Years), and the records of the traditional indicators such as mortality records(Jamison, Brenan, &Measham, 2006).Healy and DALYs summary measures are better than the traditional methods because they are easy to explain their concept of measurement, and their units of expected years of life are more meaningful (Hyder, Rotllanat, & Morrow, 1998).
As the minister for health in a Sub-Saharan African Country, I would organizea national health education and prevention campaigns against HIV/AIDS. I would also ensure adequate numbers of condoms are distributed to the persons of reproductive age group to promote safe sex. As the community leader, I would carry out the national strategies set by the ministry of health and organize open forums with the community to discuss cultural beliefs and traditions that promote spread of HIV/AIDs. The cultural beliefs and traditions that increase the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission includefemale genital mutilation, unsafe male circumcision practices and religious beliefs that condemn the use of condoms. I would promote education that shows the likely negative effects of following the said cultural beliefs. The education would target all the stakeholders in the health sector in order to be successful.
Hyder, A., Rotllanat, G.,& Morrow, R. H. (1998). Measuring the Burden of Disease: Healthy Life-Years. American Journal of Public Health, 88(2):196-202.
Jamison, D.T., Brenan, J. G., &Measham, A. R. (2006). Disease ControlPriorities in Developing Countries. New York: Oxford University Press.
Students shall complete a 5-7 page research paper on a nursing trend discussed during the course.
- The research paper must cite articles from professional nursing journals that address the topic of interest.
- Detailed analysis/interpretation of the research must be provided.
- Include how the research/findings might affect your nursing practice, and recommend further research that may add to the body of knowledge of the topic.
- Refer to the Research Paper Rubric as you research and write your paper. This is your grading criteria. All aspects of APA formatting must be followed.
At least 3 research articles published within the last 5 years must be cited using APA format.
Case Study Critique Assignment Instructions
You are required to write a critique on two case studies in this course as outlined in your required reading. Your critique should discuss the major facts of the case and should tell whether you believe the right decision(s) was/were made and why. Doing so not only further develops and demonstrates strong critical thinking skills, but also broadens your awareness and understanding of issues facing today’s public administrators.
The format of each case study critique should be as follows:
· Identify the important facts in the case study.
· What decision(s) were made in the case study.
· Do you believe the decisions were appropriate?
· Discuss any alternative solution(s) to the problem and support those solutions with additional research (with similar cases).
· Make sure each section is labeled appropriately (Facts, Decision, Solution, Conclusion)
· Length of assignment: 3-5 pages
· Format of assignment: APA 7.
· Number of citations: 3, to include the case study itself.
· Acceptable sources include scholarly articles published within the last five years
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Select one area of HRM (e.g., SHRM, Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management etc.) and critically evaluate the potential contribution to organisational performance it has and the different contextual factors that affect it.
Look at end of life care throughout the world and how each country approaches it
Look at types of palliative care and factors that influences it
For this activity, you will critically analyze how those within your chosen
population engage with your topic. You will identify what is already working
well and opportunities for change. Completing this activity will result in a draft
of the critical analysis section of your project. It also provides an opportunity to
obtain valuable feedback from your instructor that you can incorporate into
your project submission.
In this activity, you will consider the elements of your topic you can develop to
encourage, promote, and transform conversations about diversity. Include
diverse perspectives from varied sources to support your points. You should
continue to gather the sources you will integrate into your final project, which
include two resources from course materials and two resources from the
library. Look to the SNHU Shapiro Library for assistance in finding evidence
and resources from outside the course. For this activity, you will discuss how
to collaborate constructively with your chosen population group. You will then
describe at least one positive element related to your topic and, finally, one
element that could benefit from change.
You are not required to answer each question below the rubric criteria but may
use them to better understand the criteria and guide your thinking.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Integrate reliable evidence from varied sources throughout your
paper to support your analysis.
- It is important to draw from a more diverse pool of perspectives
from varied sources to support the analysis. This is different from
the Citations and Attributions rubric criterion.
- Reliable evidence from varied sources should be interwoven
throughout the paper itself, while citing and attributing sources will
be represented as APA in-text citations and a reference list at the
end of your work.
- You will be evaluated on both criteria.
- Discuss how you would constructively collaborate with your
population to encourage their engagement with your chosen topic.
- Consider how you would develop a dialogue with your population
about the topic you have chosen. What are your ideas for
supporting constructive and inclusive conversation and programs
- Describe at least one positive element within your topic that supports
- What conversational and collaborative approaches have already
been successful? Visualize how this positive element could have
a ripple effect towards a transformative conversation about your
topic. This is not simply your opinion but should be supported by
- If you do not think your topic has been engaged with positively or
successfully, explain why you have come to this conclusion.
- Describe at least one specific element within your topic that could
benefit from change.
- Consider how your topic has been discussed and represented.
What approaches could be more constructive? What could be
done differently to encourage, promote, or transform your topic?
This is not simply your opinion but should be supported by reliable