psych 235 module 2
Written Assignment 1: Option 3
Edit your paper, reducing it to a total of 7-8 double spaced typed pages (12 point font). Cover sheet and reference page are separate. Review the paper for completeness and relevance to the questions asked in the assignment. Do NOT plagiarize other peoples’ works Be sure to include citations and references to the works that you are using. In other words, don’t copy sections from the text without adding a citation, such as (Dodge, 1993; Berger, p357). Include an additional page with a short bibliography of sources that you quoted or referenced in the paper.
Chapter 7 explores the emotional and social life of the infant. Video lesson 7, “The First Two Years: Psychosocial Development,” focuses on temperament, social referencing, and attachment.
- Describe the main developments in the emotional life of the infant, and discuss the development of emotional communication between parent and infant. Does the infant interact differently with mother and father?
- Compare and contrast the perspectives of the major theories regarding the importance of caregiver behavior during the 1st two years.
- Discuss the processes of synchrony and attachment, and describe the various types of attachment found by Mary Ainsworth in her studies.
- Describe the “Strange Situation” procedure and identify the key observational elements.
- Identify the key predictors of a secure relationship, and discuss the importance of attachment.
- Briefly discuss child care practices and findings on day care.