College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 20/11/2021 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Introduction to International Business||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT-321||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1442/1443 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- All students are encouraged to use their own word.
- Assignment -2 should be submitted on or before the end of Week-11 in Black Board only.
- This assignment is an individual assignment.
- Citing of references is also necessary.
- Discuss the reasons for and methods of governments’ intervention in trade (Lo 1.2)
- Identify and evaluate the significant trade agreements affecting global commerce (Lo 1.1)
- Carry out effective self-evaluation through discussing economic systems in the international business context (Lo. 3.1)
Read the Management Focus on, “NAFTA’s Tomato Wars,” available in your e-book (page no. 620), and answer the following questions:
Assignment Question(s): (Marks: 5)
- Do you think that Mexican producers were dumping tomatoes in the United States? Discuss.
- Was the Commerce Department right to establish a new minimum floor price rather than scrap the agreement and file an antidumping suit? Who would have benefited from an antidumping suit against Mexican tomato producers? Who would have suffered? (marks:3)
- What do you think is the optimal government policy response here? Explain your answer. (mark:1)